In 2010, CDC-DNPAO developed State Program Highlights, summaries of state health departments’ projects to meet the goal of preventing and controlling obesity and other chronic diseases through healthful eating and physical activity. These projects included, among other topics:
• Food Policy Councils
• Farm to Where You Are Programs
• Support for Breastfeeding in the Workplace
• Improving Retail Access for Fruits and Vegetables
• Limiting Access to Sugar-Sweetened Beverages
• Promoting Menu Labeling Policies and Restaurant Programs.
To learn more about how these projects have progressed and about the important role of state public health nutritionists in moving these projects forward, ASTPHND spoke with the lead public health nutritionist for several of these projects. We are pleased to share these updated stories with you. Click on the PDFs above to read the updates on Amy Koren-Roth's work on New York State's Farm-to-Where-You-Are Program, Teresa Hill's work on South Carolina's Breastfeeding in the Workplace Program and Diane Golzynski's work with the Michigan Food Policy Council.